Tinder Box Cigars

Purveyors of fine tobaccos & gifts since 1973

Greetings from the First and possibly only Club Puros Life Member

Greetings to all, I would imagine that there aren't that many members that remember me. My name is Nik, I am in the Navy and was stationed in Charlotte and left about 3 years ago. Sure to miss wasting time at the Tinder Box, especially on Friday afternoons. Wife, kids (one of each), chickens, longhorns, dogs - Just living the Dream in Oklahoma City.

Ask Charlie about his Aircraft Carrier days and I'm sure my name will come up! Wish you all the best. Nik

Views: 282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Nik! Good to see you on the board. I hope you'll stop in often!
Nik,
Sorry to hear that you are in OK City. Why would our Navy need you there?
Krug
Of course we remember you Nik - I heard you were creating your own self sustaining farm over in Oklahoma

Hope all is well

Mathew
Nik, glad to hear you're doing well, we get updates from Charlie. R.
Nik,
Great to hear from you. You should try to plan a trip to Charlotte this fall to see all the lounge lizards and burn one. Three great events but Padron on December 2 will be strong at Mortons. Thanks for all you guys do.
Craig
So far, Nik you are the only one. Hope you are doing well.

Rufus
Sprinkle said:
Nik,
Sorry to hear that you are in OK City. Why would our Navy need you there?
Krug
Hard to believe that they put me in charge of anything, but I am the Commander of the Oklahoma City Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS). We take the kids that the five branches of service recruiters round up and do the physical exams, background screening, testing, etc..... Then we send them to the various Boot Camps.

Big change from driving an Air Craft Carrier, but still important work.

Hope things are well for you! Nik
Hiya Nik!

Good to hear from you. Charlie showed me a lot of photos from the carrier time. Those Navy dogs do like a good seegar. Hope all goes well at the station in OK City
Best Wishes,

Ron Sinclair
Nik, How are you. We miss ya over here in Charlotte. Where are you stationed these days. Great to hear from you.

Pat
Pat, living the dream in Oklahoma City. Yah, I know the next question. "What is the Navy doing in Oklahoma"? Well, I am the CO of a place called MEPS. We take the kids that the recruiters round up and do the testing, medical exams, background screening and sending people to Basic Training. Same job I did in Charlotte, but in charge in Oklahoma - pretty scarry!

I sure miss our time in Charlotte. Probably will miss it even more during my next tour. Looks like Afghanistan in about a year. Who knows, maybe the wife will let me retire one of these days. Into my 25th year now, would like one more promotion though - we'll see.

Give everyone a big howdy for me!

"Buds for life"

Nik
Nik Nikodym said:
Pat, living the dream in Oklahoma City. Yah, I know the next question. "What is the Navy doing in Oklahoma"? Well, I am the CO of a place called MEPS. We take the kids that the recruiters round up and do the testing, medical exams, background screening and sending people to Basic Training. Same job I did in Charlotte, but in charge in Oklahoma - pretty scarry!

I sure miss our time in Charlotte. Probably will miss it even more during my next tour. Looks like Afghanistan in about a year. Who knows, maybe the wife will let me retire one of these days. Into my 25th year now, would like one more promotion though - we'll see.

Give everyone a big howdy for me!

"Buds for life"

Nik

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Darryl Parker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service