Tinder Box Cigars

Purveyors of fine tobaccos & gifts since 1973

Since we know cigar aficionado sometimes occasionally has some ratings that are way off we should make our own top of the charts list. Say top 5, and compare against what they said.

Aficionados list for top 5 is as follows:
1. Padron 45th Anniversary
2. Cohiba Siglo Tubo (cuban)
3. My Father No.1
4. Diamond Crown Maximus Double Corona
5. Oliva V Belicoso

My list:
1. Padron 45th, I haven't even smoked this thing yet, but I believe its going to be as good as the 40th and 80th, which in my view makes it the best out there.
2. Nestor Miranda. Any of them. I have had the cuban siglo tubo and it reminds me of davidoff millenium blend. Not a bad smoke, but I would take a Nestor over the cohiba. I think they are a little over rated.
3. Never smoked the My Father series. I stick San Cristobal in 3rd place.
4. I don't dislike Diamond Crown but I'm sticking La Flor Dominican Double Box press in fourth. Great smoke and still reasonably priced. More of a medium body la flor but with tons of flavor.
5. Oliva V series. This can stay in 5th place, great cigar all around.

Views: 1155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My List:
1. Padron 45th - This stays at number one for me, I have only smoked one, but it was an amazing smoke and deserves this year's Cigar of the Year.

2. Cohiba Siglo Tubo (Cuban) - I have also smoked one of these, and I agree with Chris, an over rated cigar, tasty, just does not meet a number 2 standard, I put Nestor Miranda here as well, reasonably priced, and an excellent full flavored medium body cigar!

3. My Father - I have smoked this cigar, a friend gave me one, it wasn't bad, but I have to put the La Flor Double Press at number 3, it is another brilliant smoke put out by La Flor Dominicana!

4. Diamond Crown Maximus - This cigar is okay, just didn't do it for my palate, I have to put Frank LLaneza by Altadis in the number 4 slot, It is an excellent full bodied smoke, with an incredible amount of flavor.

5. Oliva V - I agree with Chris on this one, leave the V at number 5, it has been an amazing smoke since it came out and is a great cigar. I look at this as another great standby to go back to one I used to regularly smoke!
I agree with Brandon's number 1 and number two pick because I too have smoked both of these and they are fantastic cigars. I disagree with his number three pick and would put anyone of the Nestor Miranda smokes at number three especially the Lancero or the size 5.5 by 54. Those are some of my go to smokes. My number 4 pick would be the Ashton VSG Corona Gorda. Full bodied lots of flavor burns true. And again I agree with the number 5 selection, The Oliva V is a wonderful smoke all the way around. From burn, to aroma, to the price point. Great smoke.

Brandon Barker said:
My List:
1. Padron 45th - This stays at number one for me, I have only smoked one, but it was an amazing smoke and deserves this year's Cigar of the Year.

2. Cohiba Siglo Tubo (Cuban) - I have also smoked one of these, and I agree with Chris, an over rated cigar, tasty, just does not meet a number 2 standard, I put Nestor Miranda here as well, reasonably priced, and an excellent full flavored medium body cigar!

3. My Father - I have smoked this cigar, a friend gave me one, it wasn't bad, but I have to put the La Flor Double Press at number 3, it is another brilliant smoke put out by La Flor Dominicana!

4. Diamond Crown Maximus - This cigar is okay, just didn't do it for my palate, I have to put Frank LLaneza by Altadis in the number 4 slot, It is an excellent full bodied smoke, with an incredible amount of flavor.

5. Oliva V - I agree with Chris on this one, leave the V at number 5, it has been an amazing smoke since it came out and is a great cigar. I look at this as another great standby to go back to one I used to regularly smoke!
My top 5 cigars from 2009:

1. Padron 45th Maduro-hands down one the best cigars I have ever smoked. So much flavor and body from the 10yr aged wrapper. The burn and draw was exceptional with this cigar. Strong but refined, a must for any humidor.

2. Oliva V Maduro Torpedo Limited Edition 2009-a great limited release cigar that smokes great out of the box or with some age on it. It has the great V spice and body notes to it, but tends to be a little smoother with the Maduro wrapper that is on this great cigar. Another cigar that you should stock up on.

3. Tatuaje 2009 Cojonu Torpedo- this is one of Pete Johnson's and Jose "Pepin" Garcia's new cigars for 2009. This slender Torpedo delivers big flavor even with a smaller than usual ring gauge for Torpedo's. The wrapper has been aged a number of years in Jose's factory allowing time to mature and reach its peak flavor when smoked. We were lucky enough to get a limited supply of these. However, once these are gone they are gone, being its a limited edition cigar.

4. Siglo Maduro-(Multiple sizes)- this new masterpiece was carefully put together by Frank Llaneza. Many of you have smoked and enjoyed the Ecuadorian broadleaf wrapper Siglo. The Siglo maduro ulitizes an aged Maduro wrapper that brings out the softer smoother flavors within this great cigar. I noticed hints of dark chocolate and espresso while smoking the Siglo Maduro #VI. This cigar comes in 5 sizes ranging anywhere from a Corona all the way up to a Toro. This is another great wallet friendly cigar that Frank Llaneza has masterfully made.

5. El Baton-(Double Toro, Double Torpedo, or Robusto)- this a great new cigar from JC Newman/Fuente that came out in 2009. It is a Nicaraguan Puro-(Wrapper, binder, filler all from Nicaragua). If you like big ring gauge cigars this line is a must. Some cigar smokers are scarred off when they see a big ring gauge cigar. This cigar however balances its big ring gauge with great flavor throughout the smoke while maintaining an even burn and draw. Starting at $5.75 for the Robusto and only going up to $6.75 for the Double Toro it is a great value cigar.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Darryl Parker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service